Ashton Pankey enjoyed yet another solid game, with 17 points and 8 rebounds in Manhattan's win over Quinnipiac. (Photo courtesy of Manhattan College Athletics)
For the last time in the regular season, our traditional handful of observations and nuggets of note in Manhattan's 69-65 victory over Quinnipiac, which guarantees the Jaspers the No. 3 seed in the MAAC Tournament, which begins Thursday in Albany:
- Defense wins championships.
- Ashton Pankey just might be Manhattan's most valuable player of late.
- Speaking of all-conference honors...
- Manhattan's defense didn't capitalize on every mistake, but...
- Sunday's win may have been the most emotional since last year's MAAC Championship.