In the pregame preview for Michigan State-Duke, I alluded to the fact that this was one matchup that could live up to its "game of the year" hype. Less than 24 hours following the clash at Cameron, I will affirm my belief while providing some reflections from last night's encounter in Durham.
- #1 in your programs, #1 overall in June.
After last night, there is no doubt in my mind anymore as to how good Duke guard Kyrie Irving really is. The freshman went off for 31 points in the Blue Devils' 84-79 win, scoring 18 in the first half while holding Kalin Lucas scoreless through the first 20 minutes. Irving is more than likely one-and-done, (much to the dismay of Duke fans) and showed that the No. 1 overall pick is his to lose heading into next June's NBA draft.
- This game was brought to you by the letter "K."
- Michigan State's loss does not diminish the Big Ten.
- Last night was a "Rocky" game for both teams.
- Not only "game of the year..."