Originally scheduled to make announcement on his future yesterday, Isaiah Whitehead will instead wait as he continues to work out for NBA teams and weigh his decision. (Photo courtesy of the New York Post)
As Tom Petty once said, "the waiting is the hardest part."
Seton Hall fans are now experiencing that foreboding lyric firsthand, as sophomore guard Isaiah Whitehead has decided to postpone his impending announcement on whether he will remain in South Orange next season, or bypass his two remaining years of eligibility to enter the NBA Draft.
Exactly when Whitehead will declare his future plans is still up in the air. The Brooklyn guard tweeted on Wednesday that a verdict would be reached on May 24. However, ESPN's Jeff Goodman would later report that the announcement would be made the following day, stating that Whitehead and his mother, Ericka Rambert, "needed more time" to fully analyze the pros and cons of the draft process.
Back To May 24th Patience Is A Virtue Last Tweet Until Then ✌🏿️— Isaiah Whitehead (@IsaiahW_15) May 18, 2016
Seton Hall guard Isaiah Whitehead told ESPN he has pushed back decision from today until the 25th. “My mom and I need more time,” he said.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) May 19, 2016
Whitehead had been scheduled to work out for the Indiana Pacers and Boston Celtics, but scrapped those workouts to both nurse a sore hamstring and continue to receive more feedback following his impressive turn at last week's NBA Draft Combine in Chicago.
At this point, despite the conflicting reports on both ends of the spectrum, the future is still largely uncertain, with the New York Post's Zach Braziller reporting that a source close to the budding superstar said he had "no idea what will happen."
The Most Outstanding Player in the Big East Tournament after helping Seton Hall emerge from Madison Square Garden victorious for the first time since 1993, Whitehead is still slated to work out for the Chicago Bulls on Monday, and will most likely make his decision shortly thereafter.